Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Blanket

So, I've heard that the first step in overcoming a problem is admitting that you have a problem. Well...my name is Lyndsey, and I have a blanket. I've actually had a series of blankets but my current one is on its last leg. I've had this one since high school. It goes everywhere with me except on plane trips. Last week I had to doctor the blanket. The middle section was a wad of thread - destroyed by a washing machine. I cut out the bad section and now only two small pieces are left. (See picture below.) This blanket is Nathan's nemesis. He often wakes up in the middle of the night with it wrapped around his throat. The blanket has never, ever done this to me. It loves me unconditionally and comforts me when I'm blue. Soon it will disappear completely, so I am already mentally preparing myself for this day. Fact: My mom has already given me a replacement. It's pink and wonderful.


1 comment:

  1. AHH! Look at that sad face! My blanky lives, but it lives in my linen closet, not in my bed.

    ReplyDelete