Monday, September 7, 2009

Go Baby Go!

Nathan worked all day yesterday so we didn't get to do much, but today he wanted to go to Ellis Park since it was the last day that it would be open...ever.  They are closing the park because they don't make enough money, and KY won't let them install slot machines.  It's pretty sketchy.  Nothing like Keeneland.  There were no khaki pants or sun dresses.  Just lots of skin and lots of babies and toddlers.  We only stayed for a few hours but it was fun.  We took $40 with us and ate hotdogs and drank beer.  Nathan bet a few times, and we ate peanuts and shared a beer.  He bet one last time and did well.  We left with $37.  Entry to the park was free so it was a nice, cheap afternoon.  

I have lost my sunglasses.  I never, ever lose stuff.  This is really weird.  I suspect they are floating around my mom's house somewhere.  Anyway, I had to run into Kroger before we drove to the track and buy some new sunglasses.  I got some aviators like Nathan's so we could be cool together.  Note the cool sunglasses picture below...




No comments:

Post a Comment